Monday, November 13, 2023

Impressionist Landscape, Mountain Landscape, “Golden Moments” by Colorado Contemporary Fine Artist Jody Ahrens


The weather can change at a moment’s notice – one minute it is dark and stormy and next the sun is peeking through or glaring hot and clear. In one of the unpredictable sunny moments, I started painting on a white panel, trying to quickly capture the essence of the moment. A white panel gives me the option of using a rubber scraping tool to delicately remove wet paint to indicate white branches and other little accents.


18"x26" Oil on Panel/ Available through Oakley Gallery

Click HERE for purchase info.

Visit https://jodyahrensartist.com to view more of my work.

Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contemporary Impressionist Landscape Painting, “Hibernation” by Colorado Contemporary Fine Artist Jody Ahrens

The deer and elk migrated weeks ago to the warmer valley below. The animals that stay behind will find a cozy place under the snow to ...